The best lemonade ever!

I absolutely adore lemonade!!  And, I've become, I'm embarrassed to say, quite a lemonade snob in the process.  Nothing infuriates me more than reading "freshly squeezed" on a menu, only to discover that it came out of a Minute Maid can!  Really, people!!

I enjoy all the different takes on lemonade out there...cherry, strawberry, vanilla...lots of flavors and slushies and such...but I really enjoy most just the straight, old-fashioned, sweet/tart, FRESHLY SQUEEZED lemonade!  And, if I'm completely honest, I am generally disappointed when I order it out somewhere, so I just make it myself and enjoy it in the privacy of my own home!




Now, as with all things, I love to make it and take it to events.  And, it never fails, every time I take my fresh lemonade somewhere, someone (or many someone's) will tell me, "That's the best lemonade I ever had!"  And, every single time, I'm shocked!  It's not rocket science to make good lemonade...although it is a mathematical formula.

The other thing that always shocks me is that people never believe me when I tell them how easy it is!  They always give me that sly look and ask me what my secret is really...and I always tell them that if you follow the equation, it will always be good, but they just never seem to believe me....

So, for the "best lemonade ever", here's the formula...

Freshly squeezed lemonade recipe

1 cup FRESHLY SQUEEZED lemon juice
1 cup granulated sugar
5 cups pure water

In a large pitcher, combine the lemon juice and sugar; stir until sugar has completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.  Add the water; stir.  Refrigerate until completely cold.  Makes about 6 cups.


That's it...that's all there is to it, I promise!!  To get 1 cup of lemon juice, you will need about 5 lemons.  You will increase the amount of juice you get from each lemon by allowing them to come to room temperature before you squeeze them; cold lemons will not give you much juice.  

So, go forth my friends, and fill the world with truly great lemonade!!  Summer and lemonade just belong together and nothing is quite as refreshing at the end of a hot day, or out on a sunny picnic, or sitting next to the pool, as a glass of truly freshly squeezed lemonade :)



Here's to you!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jammin'

Foodgasm!!

Whole 30/Caveman Cleanse